Saturday, April 16, 2011

got that settled

Muffin has been watching Nature shows for quite a while...but here she is showing she is part of the great majority..."Do you think Pets share some of their owner's personality traits?"



Ah, now that that's settled, time for some absorption of rays.  Note the play feather that she's trained me to bring back from whatever sources I happen upon them.


And of course we both enjoyed the splendor of the cherry tree which never bears fruit, has no scent, and I was hoping no pollen.  That may not be entirely true, as something rubbed off the bark that was tan and stained my granddaughter's sweater.


My menagerie now includes one cat and an angel fish and a bunch of guppies, which the grands enjoy feeding (fish, not cat).  They really were pretty patient with trying to pet Muffin.  In her opinion, not so much.



Here are 2 of my lovely granddaughters getting used to my home...


And parents as well as granddaughter were happily surprised to see my son in an old photo when he was around 3.

The littlest one had some trouble with the feeling of clay on her hands, but after a while she got into it...all of our dear little clay experimenters did something for Easter.





My porch studio was happy to host three new little clay artists.



Even clean-up was easily accomplished with a nice big bowl of warm water.



Mom and Dad got into the act also, and helped make everything from bunnies to eggs to baskets to chicks, and each child made her own clay basket. 


A special drawing was added to my refrigerator, commemorating the activities of the day!



My son and his three girls (and wife not in this shot) seem to have a fun time no matter what they are doing.  Since they are driving many miles on their vacation, I'm glad it will be a happy trip for them.

More pictures will be posted later on.  I'm still catching my breath, and trying to deal with the pollen which has hit my breathing.  So I'm not out there doing as much as the younger folks!

The storms that tore through western NC last night and this morning were truly ferocious...and the BMCA studio had a lot of water on the floor at noon, so I didn't stay today.  I can work there tomorrow.  Reports on the news say there were many tornadoes.  I'm grateful that none seemed to occur near us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making this a more personal connection by saying what you think. I'll post your comments for others to see soon!