Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ARTIST STATEMENT

My life as a ceramic artist is to create sculptures and functional wares that speak to the heart of another being.  Between experiencing shape, color, pattern, texture and tactile feeling there is perhaps a smile of recognition.  When a piece is functional, it should take the smile a step further, to satisfaction that the purpose for which it was intended is well fullfilled.  Clay is my chosen medium because it has that alchemy, the almost miraculous shifting from mud to rock and glass.  Ceramics offer three dimensions that meet us in the fourth dimension, the time we spend with them.  I most enjoy seeing people picking up my wares to have a deeper knowledge of what is actually there, what I am saying to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making this a more personal connection by saying what you think. I'll post your comments for others to see soon!