Thursday, March 31, 2011

More Women's History and poetry

from your email account go here for an educational quiz...



Take the full Women's History Knowledge Challenge

 I started with the 20 questions version, as Women's History Project posted today...then wanted to see what the "full challenge" would hold.  Golly gee!

I thought I knew a lot about Women's History...nah.  I got about 3 or 4 of the 20 questions right.  No comment on the 50.  How about you?
Flat Creek, Montreat, NC
and to give you something for your efforts (everything is about an energy exchange isn't it?) here's a favorite poem of mine by Mary Oliver...the last line of which always makes me walk around in another space for a while...

Summer Day

So what am I doing with my one wild and precious life?  Sitting here writing a blog that I doubt that anyone reads, just musing, or assembling a body of work by women artists, or avoiding doing something great?

Like buttons.  I've got some interest in having some for sale on consignment at a new cloth and weaving shop in town.  There are certainly other potters already making buttons, but I'll give it a try.  The only thing is, then I also have to work out the logistics of making all the parts, as well as the display and marketing of them as a consignment.  Not my favorite pastime.  Yesterday I realized I didn't need to reem out the holes by hand, but could use a drill bit on my Dremyl tool.  Ha.  So I brought home what I'd done so far, to work on when?  Not sure.  Now would be one possibility.

 Oh here's a picture, I hate when blogs don't have them, don't you?
Feb 26, 2011 First Daffodil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making this a more personal connection by saying what you think. I'll post your comments for others to see soon!