Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rooster time

I am not a morning person.  That's why, when I get up before sunrise, I feel like it's a new and different world.  So what do you look at?  I kept the blinds closed, and felt cozy against the night for a while.  But the minute the light from outside became grey, I wanted to SEE.  There are things that demand looking at.  (I know, dangling preposition, you grammarians out there noticed, didn't you!)



Can you guess where this is? 
Hint, if you live in the Asheville area,* you have a better chance.

* Or have visited there!

Here's another view.






And of course, one of our favorite precious trees shows off it's lovely colors.  It's extra precious as the species is dying off from some incurable disease.  Dogwoods in southern woods are beloved anyway.

I'm off to figure out what to do with these glorious extra hours I've now got in my day.  What would happen if I got up at 5:00 am every day?  Shudder at the thought!  (Incidentally, this was just an insomnia cause, no alarms, no sickness, just couldn't sleep any more...)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making this a more personal connection by saying what you think. I'll post your comments for others to see soon!