Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Up on Craggy Flats

A few days ago I drove up to check what the leaves looked like on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  So far just tinges starting. 



But I became intrigued by the ice below the rhododendron fields on Craggy Flats...the ice had fallen off the bushes by noon, having been hoar frost that coated each branch and leaf.  I missed seeing it on the bushes, so am going back earlier in the day when I get another chance. 









I am so glad to live so close to the sky!  What a beautiful bunch of mountains that tumble around me.  This is actually looking down towards my home town of Black Mountain, which isn't very visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making this a more personal connection by saying what you think. I'll post your comments for others to see soon!